11/13/2005

Stockings

When I was a kid, about 5 or 6 years old, I was kikay. (Shhh... that's a secret, ok?) I bugged my Mommy to buy me stockings. Those white ones that I could wear to church or when we'd go someplace. Those days, kids that age wore dresses everywhere they went. And I wanted stockings to complement my frilly, itchy dresses and shiny white strapped shoes. And after a few weeks of making kulit, Mommy finally gave in. I remember my cousin telling me I finally have stockings and I shrieked and hurriedly ambushed Mommy who just came home from the department store (we didn't have malls then, I AM THAT OLD).

Fast forward to now. I am now 23 years old, and still a college student. My school now requires me to wear stockings on certain days, for our MSCED (Moral, Social, Civic Education) subject. Supposedly, it's to train us coz we would (according to school officials) be required to wear stockings when we start working. AND. I. HATE. IT. Sometime between being a kid and being a 23-year-old college student, I lost all my kikay powers and I now abhor dressing up. I love open-toed footwear and would gladly wear flip-flops everywhere. BUT NO! I have to wear two-inch-heel pumps to school everyday. And I have to wear stockings at least twice a week. QUE HORROR!!! To make it worse, I am only one of the handful of students who follow the rule. I can not wear stockings but I choose to do so coz I don't want to take the chance of having my grades shaved off. I am studying to damn hard just to have it taken from me. Hopefully, the school officials will see the light and realize that the policy is just plain DUMB!!!

Stockings are sooo impractical!!! It's damn uncomfortable! and I don't see any aesthetic value in it! If you're a stockings-lover, enlighten my please.

No comments: