11/13/2005

Flight Plan



Last Friday, I watched Flight Plan. And I like it. It does not make into my must-watch list, but it's definitely entertaining. I must admit one of the reasons I like it is because I love Jodie Foster. But that's not the only reason I like it.

I love the clever way it engages you into believing or not believing. It made me think and decide for myself if what I'm watching or hearing is reality or an illusion. It subtly but effectively demonstrates the power of persuasion. Yes, it's a thinking movie, so it is not what I would watch if I want to give my mind a rest. But it's not much of a mind-bender either. The end is not exactly a shock if you're a keen observer, but the way it was played out was good.

The verdict: 8 -> points for Jodie Foster and the clever plot, minus points for the slight predictability and the so-so performance of some cast members



No comments: